Thursday, September 12, 2013

A DAY IN MONTE




Persunmall top - Hans Anders sunglasses

Monte is above Funchal, you can come there by car, taxi or the cable car. We did the last one. We went to Monte cause there is a oriental botanical garden. I do not have photo's of the garden, there were plants, plants and plants. But what I do have is this view over Funchal. Yes happy me :) The men with the sleds are waiting for tourist who want to go back to Funchal. You have to sit in the sled and then you go with a pretty high speed downwards. Not my cup of tea but fun to watch! On the top of Monte there was a church, they were decorating everything (and then I mean EVERYTHING!) for assumption day, a festival in Monte. There is only one holiday post coming up and then it is sadly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment